What Are The Things A Good E-Commerce Site Needs

I post on a couple of forums for start up businesses in the industry that the company I work for is in. A lot of the people will post their websites for review and they're usually pretty bad. Often, they forget what I think are pretty basic things, but then I started wondering if everyone else thinks these things are as basic as I do. So I thought I'd ask.

What do you think are the main things a "good" e-commerce site needs? My definition of a "good" site is one that is visually appealing, easy to navigate, and converts a reasonable percentage of visitors to buyers. Yours definition may be different and, if so, please include that as well.

This is purely unscientific, but I'm just interested to see if patterns as to what "good" sites should have will appear.

Comments

• edited August 2
    The best decision you may take if you are at the beginning is to ask for help and inform yourself from multiple sources, especially from people that already have experience. When I opened my business three years ago, I realized I couldn't do everything independently, even if I wanted to, and I tried to be the only one in charge. That's when I started to look for help and discovered https://transformagency.com/. They helped me with all the details I couldn't manage on my own, and I am sure I wouldn't be here without them.
  • Whatever business you decide to start, you need to think carefully and plan everything. I had an idea for a business for a long time, but I had a lot of doubts. My acquaintances advised me to turn to the experts. These guys did a great job. And now a stable income and confidence in the future. A startup is a relatively new and quite positive phenomenon that allows you to launch your own business without significant initial investments. There 5 startup development phases in which it can grow from the "aha!" moment to the actual functioning product or service. In their step-by-step guide, you will be able to discuss each phase in detail.
    I wish you good luck!