Hello, I updated my action version from I think it was 4.16.x to the newest version 4.21.4 and now I am unable to edit recordings in DaVinci Resolve. They also won't play properly in windows video player or VLC. Here's what happens when I try to play/import the files, they both work in the built in Action player but mixed results elsewhere.
Resolve: .MP4 imports and plays audio, but no video. Has a "Media Offline" displayed over the video box but otherwise the audio is fine. Trying to import .AVI just results in a brief pause and nothing being imported.
VLC: Seems to play MP4 ok but .AVI has horrendous buzzing over the audio track.
Windows video player: MP4 gives some errors but plays audio. .AVI just displays unknown file format error.
- It was working fine before the update
- I tried updating Resolve but it didn't fix the problem
- I have "Allow multi-channel audio recording" turned OFF. I double checked because know having this on has caused me a lot of issues in the past.
- I have tried both recording my desktop and a selected application window.
- I imported some screen captures I made with a slightly older version of action and they work fine EVERYWHERE.
- Here is an example recording which I now can't edit (https://drive.google.com/open?id=10a1ga
I wanted to reinstall the old 4.16 version to keep working but I can only find downloads for the latest version and latest updates of old major versions 3.xx.x etc.